Jewelry Care & Information
Cleaning your jewelry:
It is important to clean your jewelry regularly, especially the metals, to prevent
The longer you go between cleanings the harder it is to restore your metallic jewelry to its original luster.
1. Always remove your jewelry before using any product that contains bleach, ammonia, alcohol, citrus juice, salt, detergent or turpentine.
2. Avoid wearing your jewelry while swimming in chlorinated or salt water.
3. Prolonged soaking in water can loosen stones in their settings and damage porous stones like Turquoise.
4. Remove your jewelry before bathing.
5. Do not use perfume on jewelry.
Storing your jewelry:
1. Avoid storing your sterling silver in the open air. Store in a jewelry box or zip lock bag with cotton to keep it dry.
2. Protect your jewelry when traveling by wrapping your pieces in tissue to avoid scratches and breakage in your luggage.
1. Hairspray, perfume, lotions, makeup, and water can all affect your jewelry.
2. Put your jewelry on after dressing and grooming.
3. If you will be working or playing hard, remove your jewelry.
4. It’s not a good idea to sleep with your chains or earrings on. Chains can tangle or kink and earring posts can bend or break.
Copper Jewelry Care Instructions:
Copper can leave a strange tint of green on your skin! How & why?
This is actually normal and nothing to be concerned about health-wise. Copper reacts naturally with salty sweat and begins to develop a green patina. The green stain on your wrist or finger can be washed off with soap and water.
To maintain the color and shine of your copper jewelry, polish your copper pieces with the polishing pad.
This will help to ensure the longevity of your piece by wiping away all the sweat
and oils the copper jewelry has collected throughout the day. However, you can
greatly delay the inevitable with a little care.
A bit of trivia: Many people believe that copper jewelry helps decrease the pain and inflammation of arthritis. The greener your skin, the better it works.